Ofsted Results for Ickleford School
The school has been inspected and found to be "Good with Outstanding for Behaviour and Safety of Pupils ".
- Pupils do well in reading and mathematics and reach standards that are well above average.
- Children in the Reception class become more confident and less reliant on adults. They develop a good knowledge of the sounds that letters make.
- Reading is taught and promoted well throughout the school, so that older pupils enjoy reading widely and confidently.
- Teaching is typically good, and some is outstanding, particularly when teachers modify lessons to make sure all of the pupils are learning new skills and knowledge quickly.
- Pupils are taught an interesting range of topics and themes. Art and music have a high profile and, along with ‘values education’, contribute considerably to the pupils’ personal development.
- Pupils’ behaviour is excellent and they feel safe in school. They are very attentive and concentrate on their work. Attendance levels are high.
- Parents hold the school in high regard. All of the parents who responded to the Parent View questionnaire would recommend the school to others.
OFSTED June 2013
For a full copy of our OFSTED report please visit the OFSTED website.
You may also be intereseted to see Ickleford School's Department of Education Performance Tables