Year 3 have been studying the Egyptians in history this term. A visitor from the Hitchin Museum came and spent some time talking to the children about the Egyptians and how they mummified the bodies of the Kings and Queens. They then visited the British Museum to look at all the artefacts. They had a wonderful day.
Welcome to Ickleford School
Thank you for visiting our school website which we have designed to tell you a little about our school. Our aim is that it should prove helpful and informative, particularly if you are a parent planning your child’s future education.
We hope the following pages will provide a picture which will attract you and create a need to know more. Do please take a look around and hopefully you will be able to 'feel' the school's ethos and culture and learn something of our activities.
- To provide a happy, secure and stimulating environment, which challenges and encourages each child to achieve to the best of his or her individual ability;
- To treat each child as an individual, taking into account varying needs and abilities, so that each achieves to his/her full potential;
- To provide a wide and balanced curriculum guided by the requirements of the National Curriculum, to which all have equal access, so that each child is equipped with the skills necessary for his/her future;
- To work alongside the child's family enabling us to provide the best education possible;
- To encourage self-confidence, self-discipline and independence of learning;
- To encourage each child to be respectful of others regardless of age, ability, race, creed or gender and to foster respect for his/her environment.
- To offer our children the best possible education within the context of a caring community which promotes Christian values and fosters spiritual and moral development.
Some interesting information about our school.....
The present school was built in 1848 although the first record of a school in Ickleford was in 1839. The front of the school is a Grade 2 listed building and behind it are classrooms which were built in the 1960s and 1970s.
We have over 200 children on the school roll. The school is small enough for each child to be known well by everyone, yet large enough to provide a wide range of educational experiences.
- Privacy Notice (87.52 KB)
- School Prospectus (1057.72 KB)
- Key Stage 1 SAT's results (15.83 KB)
- Key Stage 2 SAT's results (15.85 KB)